Mental Health - Perfect Pressure. Students will be learning :
- Wellbeing strand
- To evaluate the extent to which their self-confidence and self-esteem are affected by the judgements of others
- The characteristics of emotional and mental health and the causes, symptoms and treatments of some mental and emotional health disorders (including stress, anxiety and depression)
- Strategies for managing mental health including stress, anxiety and depression; a broader range of strategies for promoting their own emotional wellbeing
- Relationships strand
- Strategies to manage strong emotions and feelings
- The characteristic and benefits of positive, strong, supportive, equal relationships
- Managing changes in personal relationships including the ending of relationships
- The role peers can play in supporting one another (including helping vulnerable friends to access reliable, accurate and appropriate support)
- Living in the wider world strand
- To evaluate their own personal strengths and areas for development and to use this to inform goal setting
- About the information, advice and guidance available to them and how to access it
Switched On has been designed by Theatre Centre, in consultation with teachers and young people. A professional, engaging, and realistic play has been written for each of the topics and tailored to meet the requirements of the PSHE curriculum.
Each toolkit contains:
- Four 60 minute lesson plans
- Powerpoint Resource
- Student Workbook
- Teaching Guidelines: Creating a safe environment
- A professionally produced radio play
Engaging Audio Play
High quality audio play centered around a teenage character. The fictional story engages learners, creates a safe space to discuss sensitive topics and uses realism to encourage a greater depth of learning.
Structured student work book
Now with an additional workbook which has been specially adapted to support schools setting distance learning tasks. Provided in both PDF and Microsoft Word format for easy editing.
Structured Lesson PLans
Teacher guidelines to support the delivery of PSHE and lesson plans with clear objectives and timed activities. Powerpoint included to support task delivery.
Developed by experts
Theatre Centre has 65 years experience creating meaningful resources for young people. We specialise in understanding the needs of children and young people and in creating work that equips them with the skills for later life.
"A powerful resource which stimulated student engagement with a challenging topic. The audio play was relevant and felt like a real enough situation for the students to use as a vehicle for discussing the important topics."
PSHE Teacher, William Ellis School
Switched On supports different learning styles; audio, visual and kinaesthetic. The model develops students' listening skills and ability to interpret ideas.”
Drama Teacher, Lister Community School
"Different to our current PSHE offer. The students are more engaged and productive with the Switched On programme."
PSHE Teacher, Harris Academy Rainham
Why choose Theatre Centre resources?
Created by experts
We have spent almost 70 years designing and delivering creative work for schools.
National Portfolio Organisation
We are proud to be recognised by Arts Council England as leading the way to protect our national arts and cultural ecology.
Tackling sensitive issues can be a challenge without the right guidance. We use robust safeguarding practices across our team.